Based on cellulose, a product of the paper industry, BIOGRADE® has been especially designed for injection moulding applications. BIOGRADE® is predominantly composed of natural resource materials and does not contain starch or starch derivatives. Furthermore BIOGRADE® has the following advantages:
- high content of natural resource materials
- excellent heat resistance - up to 115 °C
- injection mouldable on conventional injection moulding equipment
- processable with multi-cavity moulds
- flat sheet / film suitable for thermoforming on conventional deep drawing machinery
- properties comparable to polystyrene: rigid and transparent depending on grade.
- Food contact approved
- Biodegradability certified by independent organisations.