Plastics – made by nature!
In cooperation with the Fraunhofer Institute UMSICHT, Oberhausen, FKuR Kunststoff GmbH has developed a wide range of biodegradable plastics primarily made from natural resource materials.
- BIO-FLEX® - Biodegradable plastics for extrusion
- BIOGRADE® - Biodegradable plastics for injection moulding
- FIBROLON® - Natural fibre reinforced plastics
- TERRALENE® - Biobased Compounds based on Green PE
- GREEN PE - Polyethylene made from renewable resources
+ = may be possible; + = possible
Extrusion is the most commonly used processing technique for the production of thin films, sheet or profiles. Typical application areas for extruded products are:
- Packaging: any type of film, also bags and sacks. Fruit netting. Blow moulded hollow parts. Thermoformed blister packs, trays and cups. Lamination to paper
- Hygienic products such as diaper back sheet film
- Agricultural Mulch film
Typical areas of application for profile extrusion are:
- Catering: Straws
- Pencil-like applications, for example: writing utensils, cosmetic pencil, cotton buds
Injection moulding is the most common process for the production of plastic components worldwide. Typical application fields can be found in all areas of industry. Some examples can be found within the automotive, construction, furniture and toy industries or applications for electrical appliances and household goods.
In addition to the ability to process on conventional injection moulding machinery, special properties in terms of mechanical properties and temperature resistance can also be met. Product colouring can be achieved in-line on your own injection moulder by utilising a biodegradable masterbatch. FKuR can recommend companies who produce suitable masterbatches.
The brands „FKuR – Plastics made by Nature“, „BIO-FLEX”, “BIOFLEX“, “BIOGRADE” and “FIBROLON” are registered trademarks of FKuR Kunststoff GmbH, according to the international `Nice-Classifications´ (NCL9), no. 01, 02 and 17.